7.04.2010

Fifty Years

Back in March, I celebrated my 50th in style: Grandkids thinking they can eat an entire fourth of a three layer German Chocolate cake, having "happy birthday" sung to me at 34,000ft aboard SouthWest airlines enroute to Las Vegas by the passengers, watching the water show at the Bellagio from our room on the 16th floor, and finally, a nice quiet walk below sea level at Death Valley. What a weekend!













































I had to throw in the old family shot from 1968 (or was it 1969?). Dad used to judge the fiddling contest at the annual Death Valley 49ers celebration held in November each year at Furnace Creek Ranch. I believe we went 3 times. For some reason (litigation), the burro races are no longer a part of the festivities. Now, they push a wheelbarrow.

2 Comments:

At 2:53 PM, Blogger rae ann said...

man, this just goes to show how bad i am at following my blogroll! geez! LOVE this post! that was such a fun birthday to be here for! and i love it when you post pics from your childhood- brings on the warm and fuzzies.

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger dutchlvr said...

Why am I not surprised that Grandad judged fiddling contests? He did so many things in life, and I don't think I'll ever know the extent!

I'm glad you updated!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home