10.14.2008

Tomatoes are my life.

If you would search the archives of this blog somewhere back in early Spring you would read that I germinated and grew organic tomato plants in my greenhouse and now I reap the bounty from my garden! I ended up with 30 plants and have spent the last month putting the beauties up. This is one of three of my methods of storing tomatoes. This is simple tomato sauce that can be frozen.


This soft fruit/vegetable peeler is the best tool in my kitchen. It has saved me time and hassle countless times.




The most time consuming deed is to seed all of these before cooking.


Add a bunch of fresh basil, garlic, olive oil and a touch of sugar and bring to a boil and then turn down to simmer.


The sauce has cooked down for a couple of hours simmering off all the water from the tomatoes. The result is so very tasty and will be used in all kinds of dishes this winter.


My ever attentive audience...

6 Comments:

At 8:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those were GREAT pictures of the tomatoes, what fun! Glad to see you back online. Rae has told me how happy Brody is, "That dog flies!" Thank you so much for taking him! I know that he is so much happier then than we ever could have made him here in this tiny little apartment.

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger hangar52 said...

To natti's momma,
He has turned out to be a real good little pup. We are grateful to have him. Yes, he has flown at 8,000 feet, walked on 250 degree freshly laid pavement, pooped in the house only a couple times, loves hangar life and has given us countless laughs. His domicile partner, however, is still mad at us a times for having him here. She has realized though that we are not going to leave with him and not return without him (I know that is what she was hoping for in the beginning). Thanks for introducing us to this furry little guy!

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger dutchlvr said...

Oh, whoopie! A new post! I know you have another up your sleeve - now let's see it.

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Chester McLaughlin said...

My mouth is watering!

 
At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Water bath or pressure?

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger hangar52 said...

To Susan B.
Neither, I froze it in quart bags. I don't like the concept of cooking everything again to store it. That's just me though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home