6.11.2008

Thar' B' Pippin'

I am replenishing my layer flock of chickens. I have put layer hen's eggs under my Bantam hens because they are great setters.

The eggs have been fertilized by this guy.

I have a small Wyondotte (who, by the way, is very veracious in her duties. She draws blood when she pecks me when I mess with her nest), now setting and the chicks are pipping and hatching as I write.

So far out of 6 eggs, I have hatched two chicks, one is pipping (to pip means that the chick has started chipping at the shell from the inside to get out) and the other three are still brewing. Oh my goodness, there is nothing cuter than a chick that has just hatched hours ago!!

The genealogy trail of these chicks sounds like a soap opera. So many individuals involved in the making of a new life.
So here is the final result of hatching...

1 Comments:

At 7:49 AM, Blogger dutchlvr said...

OH YEAH!!!!! Can I come see them?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home