5.24.2007

Here are a few more shots of our Bend trip and Doug's party. He bought all his decor items at Party City and asked me to put it all up. Talk about cheesy luau decorum. That's Doug though...he pulls cheesy off well. I did get to add a touch of class with a smattering of orchids in small vases.

We made 2 1/2 gals. of Mai Tai and served it out of a punch bowl. We found a great recipe. We had three tables full playing Texas Hold'em. I watched Bruce hang around for awhile and I figured he would scoot out and go back to our room. Instead, I saw him make a second trip back to the Mai Tai and then take a place at one of the poker tables. As far as I know he has not played before. At 1:15 a.m. I came back to give him our room key to let himself in later. He sauntered in around 2 a.m. He did so well that I wished they had played for money instead of for fun!

2 Comments:

At 7:40 AM, Blogger rae ann said...

for some reason i can't see your first or last photo... just the one of dad looking over his shoulder and smiling for the camera.

who knew my dad could participate in the world poker tour! we should sign him up....

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger hangar52 said...

Ooh. Good point. We'll fix that. However, this is the most important shot. I actually won 2 beer glasses! So, the next time we need some stemware, I'll just get the gang together for a little game.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home