5.10.2007

Breaking it in.

Robin and I broke the Mini in with a trip to the beach. We kept the roof down on the way to the beach (even though it was in the 50's...a bit cool!) and then when we arrived back in Portland (it was in the 60's, just right) we made a detour through Washington Park on the way home. The roads are perfect for sports cars; tightly cornered roads meandering through a canopy of trees. Lets just say I need a little practice in my down shifting skills. There can be some hazards when motoring with the top down...

It's funny, when you drive a convertible you are so much more accessible to people and conversations. People walking by just feel free to chat (mainly about cars and performance) because there is no foreseeable wall between us.

The day we picked the car up we headed to the Canby fair grounds to visit some friends that had a booth at a plant fair/sale (top down of course). Bruce was behind me while I waited for ten cars to come through the gate before I could squeeze in. Three of them stopped beside me and made a comment about my car. Bruce later asked what they had said and I replied that they were stating that they liked the Mini. From his perspective it looked as though they were yelling at me about entering through this chosen gate. They were just being nice!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home